| Nov 29, 2012
The LA Auto Show opens to the public this weekend, kicking off the new auto show season with an emphasis on small and subcompact cars. In tribute to the small cars in the spotlight at the Los Angeles Auto Show, this week's edition of Steals on Wheels is sharing five great deals on small cars.
If you’re looking for a great deal on a small or subcompact car this weekend these models may suit your needs, with highway fuel economy as high as 44 mpg and potential savings ranging from 6.6% to 13.5%. Market average pricing on these small cars demonstrates a potential savings off Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Pricing (MSRP) equaling as much as $2,491 off this week’s selection of already very affordable vehicles.
Small and subcompact cars are quite fuel efficient, so our chart also includes fuel economy figures to help you compare not just the savings these car offer at the dealership but their potential savings at the pump, as well. You’ll find that the vehicles in this week’s selections offer extremely fuel-efficient combined mile-per-gallon ranges from 29 mpg to 44 mpg. Finding the right financing for these vehicles is easy as well, especially when you look to an online lender. You can typically apply and get approved for a low rate car loan
in a matter of minutes and most online lenders will allow you to complete the entire process from the comfort of your home.
It does not matter where you live: our weekly “Steals on Wheels” deals are available nationwide through an Auto Buying Service
and demonstrate potential savings on these small and subcompact cars based on the possible discount from the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP).
1) The best potential deal on this week’s list of great discounts is the 2012 Nissan Sentra. Nissan's popular Sentra starts with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $18,390 but carries a national market average of just $15,889. That’s a potential savings of 13.5%, or $2,491, off the suggested MSRP of Nissan's already affordable small car. Add in its excellent 27 mpg city, 34 mpg highway, 30 mpg combined fuel economy, and you can see how the Sentra makes the top of this week's list!
2) In second place this week, Ford's new 2013 Focus offers a potential discount of up to 13.0 percent. That translates into a possible savings of as much as $2,478, bringing the MSRP of Ford's stylish small car from $18,995 down to a market average price of $16,517. And even though it offers super sporty performance, the Ford Focus also boasts fuel economy of 28 mpg city, 40 mpg highway, and 34 mpg combined.
3) The Fiat 500 sits in the middle of the pack this week: Even though Fiat's iconic little two-door starts at an affordable $19,200, its potential savings of 12.0 percent translates to a possible $2,312 discount — shrinking the national market average price of Fiat's subcompact coupe down to $16,888. Fuel economy of 24 mpg city, 33 mpg highway, and 28.2 mpg combined mean its fuel costs will be paltry as well.
4) In fourth place is the 2013 Toyota Matrix, sporting a national market average price of $20,681 thanks to a potential discount of 10.5 percent. That’s as much as $1,988 off the $22,250 MSRP of Toyota's five-door wagon. Toyota's practical Matrix also boasts fuel economy of 21 mpg city, 29 mpg highway, and 25 mpg combined.
5) Even though it’s in last place on this week’s list, the super fuel-efficient Honda Civic Hybrid still boasts up to a 6.6 percent discount. Subtract its potential $1,741 savings from its $26,490 MSRP, and you can get Honda's hybrid sedan for the national average of $24,749. Factor in fuel economy of 44 mpg city, 44 mpg highway, and 44 mpg combined, and Honda's Hybrid Civic proves to be quite an affordable car to drive.
Last week’s edition of “Steals on Wheels” demonstrated some of the best incentives available on luxury cars, so if you had your eye on one of those well-priced luxury vehicles, keep on shopping, as many of those deals may still be available in the upcoming week at a Program Certified Dealer near you.
Ready To Go Shopping for a New Car?
Our weekly “Steals on Wheels” feature demonstrates potential savings on vehicles offering excellent vehicle incentives based on the possible discount from the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). Keep in mind, each week’s “Steals on Wheels” choices may include potential savings from such special offers as manufacturer’s rebates, cash incentives, or special leasing offers, which helps place them among the greatest opportunities for savings for new car shoppers over the upcoming weekend. These incentive programs are subject to change by region and should be confirmed with your dealer, as they can affect your final price.
As always, here are some really important things to remember, such as:
• Deals are limited to inventory on hand, and your Program Certified Dealer must confirm that actual inventory, including your preferred options and colors, is in stock.
• Each week, “Steals on Wheels” highlights the top discounts off the MSRP down to a particular trim level, since potential discounts can vary greatly between the trim levels. So for this week, the model with the CVT was the most highly discounted trim of the entire Nissan Sentra lineup in relation to its MSRP, and with a discount of as much as 13.5 percent, was a high enough discount to hit the top of our list.
•Please keep in mind that “Market Average” is based on the national average of recent vehicle transactions, including destination and delivery charges after incentives that are subject to change, but does not include tax, title, licensing, documentation or processing fees, other state and governmental charges and/or fees, or any other charges or fees allowed by law. This is a national average, so you might find better pricing based on sales in your local area. Be sure to visit the OpenRoad Lending Auto Buying Service
to view local pricing on any car and to be connected with your local Program Certified Dealer who will provide you additional pricing information for the vehicle you are researching.
See how much you could save at the OpenRoad Lending Auto Buying Service and lock in your savings with a prescreened dealer dedicated to providing you a hassle-free car buying experience.